What Am I Doing?

Post (#1):

There are a lot of blogs. Hell, I've started several myself. I only had three (all blogs focused on policy and economics) of them that had anything near continuous posting for any extended period of time. The first blog had essentially no following at any point that was anything beyond people randomly coming across it by some weird google search about some economic concept. The second two had small followings (and the following was pretty small in both cases). One of them got a following because I made a post that got attention among more prominent economics bloggers and got cited in their blogs and so forth. The other got a small following by diligent self promotion (mostly on places like reddit) and finally a few people started reading. Most of the posts on there were about "debunking" various points of view popular among mainstream journalists and "normies". So I guess a certain kind of self styled, early stage internet dweller might have had a certain attraction to it. Low hanging fruit really.

I guess I'm making this blog as something of a follow up to the previous ones. I'm in my mid-20s now and haven't really done this blogging thing in almost 4-5 years. I don't know what I have to offer the blogosphere but it seems that a lot of us do this blogging thing as much for ourselves as anyone else. We have opinions and, in our own minds, a basis for those opinions. And this is our opportunity to publish them on some platform a little more fancy than Facebook or twitter. And we have our own stories. We think they're interesting and maybe they can offer guidance if anyone ever finds this obscure blog. The whole idea of blogging is pretty arrogant really.

Hopefully I'll keep this blog going. I haven't the last few. But I get the sense I might. And maybe if I do, some people will actually read it. Indeed, all of these things seem rather unlikely at the time given the reality of my own track record and the nature of blogging, but one can certainly hope.

I hope to cover culture, politics, economics, law, etc. on this blog. Maybe some personal stuff too. Nobody really cares about my life but it's my blog after all. And venting on a public, fancy forum that I control is really what this is all about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vox: Trump Administration Not Doing Enough to Help Giant, Global Tech Companies Underpay Workers

Female Privilege and Suffrage

Response to Lion of the Blogosphere on Abortion